How are you building your home? Is it a stable structure on solid ground, or a castle in the sky that easily falls apart when the winds change?
In “Home Builders”, the two panels depict penguins building an igloo on the ground, and penguins building a sandcastle on a cloud. The igloo is made from ice blocks transported on a sled from someplace else, an arduous and mundane task. Two penguins beautify the igloo by arranging the snow on top and by painting the exterior. In modern society today, many of us create a reality much like this – working long hours on meaningless tasks so we can present ourselves as having the life and the happiness we really want. Still, there is something within us is like the penguin who builds the snowman, seeking to explore and create more out of life.
When a dreamer finds the courage to explore and create more, its dream balloon allows it to rise into the land of the clouds. Here, the penguins build a sandcastle by bringing sand from someplace else. No doubt there is still hard work, but a life in the clouds is filled with adventure, and the freedom to be the person we truly want to be. However, a home made of sand is at the mercy of changing winds, and crumbles easily when we question our ability to fulfill our dreams.
So, what kind of home are you building? How do you create a life that bridges the practical and your dream?
Artwork title: “Home Builders” (2014)
Materials: Professional Grade Acrylic Paint, Acrylic Ink, Watercolor, Watercolor Paper, Gallery Wrapped canvas
Size: 2 panels, ea. 20 x 10 in. (50.8 x 25.4 x 1.3 cm)
This is an original diptych on canvas, and a Signed Certificate of Authenticity will be included.
Price shown is in US dollars (US$), and doesn’t include shipping and/or taxes.
This original artwork has been exhibited at:
2014 – Group exhibition “Bricks & Clouds”, Claire Loves Gallery, Singapore
– This is an original diptych on canvas.
– The penguin characters are hand-drawn on watercolor paper using ink and watercolor, and then glued onto the acrylic painted surface.
– The entire painting surface is then protected with 2 coats of water resistant varnish.
– The painting will arrive wired at the back and ready for hanging. Framing is not necessary for this painting, though you may choose to get it framed as you see fit.
– All original artworks are hand-signed on the front and back by the artist (me!), and comes with a certificate of authenticity that is also hand-signed.
– Keep painting in an area away from direct sunlight, as the colors may fade with continued exposure to direct sunlight.
– The painting surface can be wiped with a clean damp cloth, but be careful when cleaning around the characters that have been glued on.
Each item is described, photographed and depicted as accurately as possible. However, due to variations in individual PC monitor hues, it’s impossible for all pieces to look the same on every computer monitor.
– This original fine art painting will ship out within 24-72 hours of your payment.
– Paintings are packaged in a clear plastic wrap, followed by bubble wrap, and then brown packaging paper.
– If you would like it gift-wrapped, I can do so before enclosing it in bubble wrap and brown packaging paper.
– All original artworks are shipped via registered mail through Singapore Post and a tracking number will be sent to you.
If you prefer your item to be shipped via FedEx or DHL, do get in touch with me. 🙂
Archival Fine Art Prints:
Purchase archival fine art prints of this artwork on Saatchi Art.
Commissions / Customized Artwork:
– Like what you see and want to get a similar original artwork made specially for you or your loved ones?
– Chat with me at email@example.com