Do you long to improve your voice, self-expression and confidence?
I help singers of all levels develop your natural vocal abilities, reconnect to your true voice, and discover freedom in expressing yourself authentically.
Hi, I’m MaryAnn!
I’m a multi-passionate creative. I’ve been a professional visual artist since 2013, and in the years before that I’ve explored creative paths in acting, singing, and songwriting.
From my artistic journey so far, I’ve learnt that every single one of us has something we wish to express – our very own unique voice. And I believe it’s our purpose in this life to figure out what that voice truly wants to share with the world, and with ourselves.
With my various experiences and developments in creative self-expression, as well as my training as a voice coach and life coach, I provide a holistic approach to singing lessons and vocal coaching, such that you can set your voice free.
Watch me sing:
See more on my YouTube channel here: “Voice Coach MaryAnn Sings!”
To learn more about the singing journey, check out my “Find Your Voice” weekly vlog series on YouTube.
Who is voice coaching for?
It’s a common misconception that only voice professionals will seek out vocal coaching, such as singers, teachers, public speakers, actors, and voice artists.
But each of us has a voice inside that we long to express. Even if you’re not a professional singer, speaker or voice artist, being able to harness the power of your voice is a powerful tool you can apply in many areas of your life.
Thus, voice coaching is also for you if you want to:
- Practice a surprise singing performance for someone you love
- Speak up more at work
- Prepare for an important work presentation or pitch
- Have more confidence and freedom in your self-expression
- Overcome your fears and anxiety about being in front of an audience
- Be better at sharing your feelings and thoughts with your loved ones
- Sing your heart out wherever you go without worrying what others may think of you
- Learn to sing a song you really really love because singing brings you joy
And many more!
Together, we will…
1) Develop your vocal abilities according to what your voice needs the most right now:
- Learn simple techniques that can enhance your vocal expression
- Reduce blockages to your vocal channel so you have more freedom in using your voice
- Correct bad vocal habits, such as enunciation, reducing nasal sound, etc., and overcome vocal issues that you’ve been facing for years
2) Lessen the psychological barriers that prevent you from fully expressing yourself:
- Conquer your limiting beliefs like “I can’t sing”, “My voice isn’t good”…
- Reduce fears and anxiety around public performance
- Overcome self-consciousness in expressing yourself authentically
3) Develop yourself into the best singer that ONLY YOU can be:
- Find your way of singing in your natural voice, and achieve your perfect sound whilst maintaining the best possible vocal function
- Discover your singer personality and how to bring that into your singing
- Learn to choose the right songs for you – based on your current vocal ability, personality, and what you wish to express
Let’s explore how you can apply these techniques into your daily life and interactions with others!
“When I first started my vocal sessions, I had very low confidence in singing. I had very strict singing teachers in the past, where I was too scared to even sing in front of them. MaryAnn made me feel very comfortable and confident with my voice. She also helped reignite the passion and love I have for singing and I got excited about singing again. I recommend MaryAnn because she is patient and explains the techniques in a way that is easy to understand. She is also understanding, and through sharing her similar struggles in singing, she helps me navigate the obstacles I have.”
“Before vocal coaching with MaryAnn, my voice was soft and it was hard for me to sing the high notes. I was shy at first, but I found it to be more fun and enjoyable after each session. Now I can sing the way I feel like and not feel embarrassed, and I’m happier!”
“MaryAnn is very perceptive when it comes to the performer’s psyche and I found that I could work with her well discussing my inner motivations for singing a song and with her input, formulate a deeper connection to the song.”
– Kai Heng
What Do You Need?
I currently offer two formats. See if one of them fits your needs.
If you’re new to singing and voice coaching, this is a great place to start and explore if this personal growth journey is right for you.
– One singing lesson / voice coaching session online, for 1 hour
This is for:
– Working specifically on the one aspect of your voice or performance that you need most help in right now
– Exploring if voice coaching and/or the singing journey is right for you
– Experiencing singing just for the fun of it
Price: $68 USD ($92 SGD)
One session gives you one simple tool that you can practice on your own, but having regular sessions allows you to further build on that and gain momentum in developing your voice.
– Four singing lessons / voice coaching sessions online, 1 hour each, to be completed within two months of purchasing the package
– VIP email access to me
This is for:
– Ensuring your vocal ability develops consistently over time, and that you’re able to maintain it that way.
– Achieving exponential improvement in your vocal ability and expression over a short time
– Overcoming specific vocal issues and barriers to expression in an effective manner
Price: $240 USD ($325 SGD)
Let’s Work Together!
Drop me a note, describing your situation, and we can arrange a time for a short chat and get started! (Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
How It Works:
When we first meet, we’ll begin with your goals and what you would like to work on or get out of voice coaching.
Then you’ll sing, record your voice, and I’ll give you specific feedback on what your voice needs.
Then we’ll spend some time working on the specific areas of your voice, where you need it most at that point in time. This includes a few exercises from a variety of drills, activities and coaching techniques.
At some stages of the session you’ll record your singing again, and compare the recordings, so you can hear the changes for yourself.
Where will we meet?
We’ll get on a video call via Zoom, where you won’t even have to leave the comfort of your home!
Simply ensure you have a good stable Internet connection, a webcam, a good microphone, and a space where nobody will interrupt your session.
In the light of the Coronavirus pandemic, I don’t offer in-person sessions at the moment.
When will we meet?
After you’ve made your purchase, book your sessions through my booking calendar here.
Within 12 hours of your booking, I’ll send you an email to confirm the dates and times, and include the Zoom link.
Some questions you might have:
Q: Does singing help with my speaking?
A: When you sing out loud and with the right technique, you’re exercising, training and strengthening your voice, which means your speech will also improve as a result!
If you’re preparing for a speech or presentation, you’ll also receive coaching to improve your confidence, stage presence, and emotional expression in speaking.
Q: How are your singing lessons different from others in the market?
A: Singing lessons are usually priced at $35-75 USD ($50-100 SGD) per hour for group classes, and $60-110 USD ($80-$150 SGD) for individual sessions. The majority of these instructors tend to focus heavily on vocal technique and training — but singing is also about overcoming our psychological and emotional barriers to self-expression so we can be confident as ourselves.
As a trained life coach and vocal instructor, and with my experience as a performer and artist, I provide a holistic approach that can not only improve your voice, but also help you identify areas of development in your self-expression. With my training as a life coach, I can help you overcome barriers to your confidence and self-expression with more precision than a trainer skilled only in vocal technique and mechanics.
Q: Singing lessons and voice coaching are only for professional singers or speakers.
A: Singing is for everyone, not just professional singers or speakers. Learning how to express ourselves yields tremendous benefits in all areas of our lives. At work, it allows us to present ourselves well and bring our ideas across, creating greater impact in our workplace. In our personal lives, it enables us to develop deep relationships with loved ones, helping us create love and understanding. Romantically, being able to express ourselves enables us to attract the right partner and present ourselves well in front of them.
Ultimately, if you want to work on your personal growth and development, and you love singing, my style of voice coaching is for you!
Q: Do you teach group lessons?
If you’d like to have a singing lesson together with your friends or family, I can also run a group session for you.
Singing in front of fellow classmates is a great opportunity to hone your ability to express yourself with confidence. You can also learn from others, and be inspired by them.
At this time, group sessions will only be conducted online.
Check out my upcoming online workshops here.
Are you ready?
Drop me a note, describing your situation, and let’s arrange a time for a chat and get you started!
(Or email me at email@example.com)